Beehiiv remains committed to maintaining a positive reputation for all of our senders. To do this, we rely on you to help us stay that way by following these guidelines:
You may not use beehiiv’s Services to create, send, display, advertise, or promote:
- Illegal goods or services
- beehiiv expects users to comply with local and regional laws
- Emails that violate the CAN-SPAM act, CASL, CCPA, GDPR, or other anti-spam laws
- Graphic pornography/sexually explicit content
- Campaigns promoting or supporting terrorism or violent extremism
- Promoting counterfeit products or products that infringe the intellectual property rights of others, including trademark, copyright, design or patent rights
- Lottery or other “free money” schemes
- Fake gift cards
- False claims of employment opportunities disguised to collect data
- Products claiming to prevent, treat, or cure COVID-19 that are not approved or authorized for emergency use by regulatory or public health agencies, such as the FDA in the U.S.
- Products that are in demand due to COVID-19 with excessive pricing, price gouging, or deceptive pricing practices or in demand due to COVID-19 and prohibited by applicable law
Subject to additional scrutiny
Some industries have a history of poor practice. While this may not reflect on an individual sender, we choose to investigate higher-than-average abuse complaints, bounces, and other poor performance metrics, which can jeopardize deliverability.
Maintained poor performance may harm the overall sending performance of beehiiv’s network. Our team regularly reviews these statistics and may reach out to help remediate and/or offboard any account at potential risk.
In order to maintain the reliability of our platform, we may require an additional review of information from our users for our teams to review.
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Hookup, swinger, or sexual encounter sites or services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Passive income scams, make fast money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Credit repair and get out of loan/debt opportunities
- Hiring/Job Board
You may not use beehiiv’s Services to:
- Promote, condone, encourage or facilitate hate, violence or discrimination against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other characteristic;
- Engage in, promote or facilitate any illegal activity or violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws);
- Violate the rights of others (including privacy rights)
- Impersonate others or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, group or entity (including by “spoofing,” “phishing,” manipulating headers or other identifiers) including falsely implying that you are affiliated with or endorsed by beehiiv or any other third party, or access the Services via another user’s account without their permission;
- Email purchased, rented, borrowed, third-party or any other lists that have not explicitly consented to receive communications, promotions or advertisements from your business;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others without their consent;
- Interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the Services;
- Harm minors or interacts with or target people under the age of thirteen;
- Disable, avoid, or circumvent, damage or otherwise interfere with any security or access-related features or restrictions of the Services, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of content from the Services, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Services;
- Overwhelm or attempt to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on the Services that consume extraordinary resources, such as by: (i) using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers” or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a person could reasonably send in the same period of time using a normal browser; or (ii) going far beyond the use parameters for the Services;
- Disparage beehiiv or our partners, vendors, or affiliates; or
- Authorize, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
- Use of beehiiv’s Services to send digital Messages that result in excessive spam or similar complaints, bounces, or blocklistings (even if the messages themselves are not actually malicious), or employ sending practices that negatively impact beehiiv’s Services or other customers of beehiiv.
- Create an account and/or newsletter with the sole intent or purpose of monetizing using Boosts
- Create an account and/or newsletter with the sole intent or purpose of monetizing using the Ad Network
- Include in your Posts, Websites, Ads, or account any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- Share passwords.
- Customer may not submit to the beehiiv’s Services or use the beehiiv Services to collect, store, or process content related to any of the following:
- sale of firearms or ammunition;
- credit repair;
- affiliate marketing;
- email list brokering or exchange;
- pyramid schemes, or multi-level marketing opportunities;
- promoting or offering payday loans, payday advances, or other loan products offered under usurious terms;
- graphic pornography and/or sexually explicit content.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the Software.
- Use any part of beehiiv’s platform to create a competing product.
- Send Posts that do not contain a beehiiv unsubscribe mechanism or an unauthorized external unsubscribe process.
- Import or incorporate any of this information into any account, audience, emails, or otherwise upload to our servers: Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials, or sensitive personal information.
- Send or forward personal mail.
- Host Content or Images on our servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
By following these policies, you can help up as we keep beehiiv as the best newsletter platform on the market!